Welcome to the Relevent website, operated by Relevent Partners, LLC (“Relevent”) and located at http://www.relevent.com/ (the "Site"). This Privacy Statement addresses Relevent’s practices regarding information collected from visitors of the Site and only addresses information collected directly through or from the Site – it does not address or govern any information gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from the visitor (sometimes referred to as a “visitor,” "you" or "your") other than directly through or from the Site, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media. Relevent can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, by regular mail at 170 Varick Street, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10013, or by telephone at (212)206-0600. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into Relevent's Terms and Conditions by reference, as if set forth fully therein, which must be reviewed and accepted by you. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. It does not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group.
1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors. Except as specifically set forth herein, Relevent may collect (a) the e-mail addresses of users that communicate with Relevent via e-mail; (b) information knowingly provided by the user in online informational sections, registration, or membership forms; and (c) information gathered through the analysis of cookies, or any other methods of internet browsing analysis, such as Google Analytics. Specifically, and in order to register for certain services of the Site, you may be required to provide additional personal information about you and your company, such as your name, address and other relevant personal information. If you do not wish to provide such information to the Site, you will be unable to register and/or to obtain products or services from the Site. When a visitor performs a search within the Site, Relevent may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed and recording information related to the search request.
2. Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by Relevent may be used by Relevent for limited purposes, including recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to Relevent, may be added to Relevent’s databases and used for future contact regarding Site updates and new services. From time to time, Relevent may need to contact you for registration-related activities. You agree that Relevent may use your personal information for such registration-related contact with you. Relevent may also desire to contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information Relevent believes would be of particular interest. You will have the option of not being contacted by Relevent and opting-out of such contacts by unsubscribing.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as specifically set forth herein, any personal information that you provide to Relevent on the Site will not be disclosed to other third-party entities. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which Relevent enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by Relevent in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Relevent or any other person or entity. Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to Relevent via the Site or Internet electronic mail cannot be guaranteed, including, for example, personal information such as your address or name.
4. Security Measures and Communicating with Relevent. Relevent has implemented physical, electronic and procedural security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. Despite Relevent’s efforts to protect your personal information, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Relevent via this Site or via e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, Relevent is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Instead of communicating with Relevent via e-mail or the Internet, visitors can contact Relevent by regular mail or telephone at the address or telephone number listed in the Preamble to this Privacy Statement.
5. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, Relevent will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by Relevent that has been voluntarily provided by you to Relevent through online forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting Relevent via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses or numbers above. Except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested, You may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided to Relevent through online forms, membership or registration forms, e-mail, or another online avenues, prospectively retained by Relevent or used by Relevent for secondary purposes, by contacting Relevent via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses set out above. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the visitor to the Site or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description in this Section 5.
6. Right to Change Privacy Statement. Relevent may change this Privacy Statement at any time. Notice of any new or revised Privacy Statement, as well as the location of the new or revised statement, will be posted on the Site for at least twenty (20) days after the change. It is the obligation of visitors returning to the Site to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made.
Dated: April 5, 2013
Copyright © 2013 Relevent Partners, LLC; All rights reserved.